Motul vs Mobil 1 Oil Comparison
Are you looking for a new motor oil for your car? If so, you may be wondering if Motul or Mobil 1 is the better choice. In this article, we’ll compare these two brands and discuss the pros and cons of each. By the end, you should have a good idea of which option is best for you.
The top best product [hide]
|0W-10, 0W-16, 0W-20, 0W-40, 5W-20, 5W-30, 5W-40, 5W-50, 10W-30, 10W-40, 10W-50, 10W-60, 15W-40, 15W-50, 20W-50|
Conventional, Synthetic Blend, Full Synthetic
1 Liter, 2 Liters, 4 Liters, 5 Liters
Approvals: BMW LL-04, GM dexos2, MB-Approval 229. 52, VW 505 01
0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30, 0W-30, 0W-16, 0W-40, 10W-30, 15W-50, 10W-40
Conventional, Synthetic Blend, Full Synthetic
1 Quatr, 5 Quart
API-CK4 Requirements: Veries
What is Motul? – Overview of Features
Motul is a high performance auto parts oil company that has been around since 1853. Their products are used by many high end vehicles, including Ferrari and Aston Martin. They have developed several different lines of oil to meet the specific needs of different vehicle types.
Motor oil is a viscous liquid that fills up the engine of your car. It prevents metal parts from touching each other and causing damage while also reducing friction between moving parts. The most popular choice is Motul 8100 X-Clean EFE 5W-30 Synthetic oil. Over time, consistency of motor oil decreases due to high levels of heat and pressure in a combustion engine which affects its viscosity. The best way to extend the life expectancy of your car’s engine is by changing its oil regularly at a certified maintenance center because it filters out harmful particles and deposits found in an engine but it is not enough to buy just any product off the shelf, so you need to do your homework first before buying one.
Motul Major Specifications
Here are some major specifications for Motul oils:
- SAE Grades: 0W-10, 0W-16, 0W-20, 0W-40, 5W-20, 5W-30, 5W-40, 5W-50, 10W-30, 10W-40, 10W-50, 10W-60, 15W-40, 15W-50, 20W-50
- Labels: Motul
- Package Volume: 1 Liter (1.05 Quarts), 2 Liters (2.1 Quarts), 4 Liters (1.05 US gallon), 5 Liters (1.32 US gallon)
- Meets or Exceeds OEM Requirements
- 8100, Specific, 6100, 4100&2100, 4000&2000, Hybrid, LCV
✅Purchase link: Buy Motul at Amazon
Benefits of Motul
Benefits of Motul include:
- More protection during the most severe conditions under racing conditions
- Better lubricating power in a very high temperature environment
- Lubrication with a very low wear on rubbers and plastics
- Protection against oxidation and acidity for prolonged periods (> 7,000 miles)
- A greater resistance to mechanical fatigue by reducing friction between metal surfaces
- Better resistance to ultra violet rays and oxidation
- Total versatility of use that remains unchanged for all driving conditions, even in the presence of additives designed for specific systems (e.g. wet clutches)
- Availability of a wide range of viscosities and precise adaptation to recommended lubricants: engine oil, gearbox oil, differential oils
Capitalizing on expertise to meet the constant demand to improve performance, Motul has a wide range of lubricant products for automobile and powersports applications.
Motul developed the first fully synthetic oil in 1971 and continues to progress the technology, pairing high-performance synthetic base oils with innovative additive packages for maximum performance, protection, and efficiency.
What Customers Say About Motul?
Every car needs a quality oil for the engine. Some brands are less expensive but don’t work as well as those that cost more. However, there is one brand known to work better than almost any other on the market: Motul. This company makes high-end oils that go into supercars and racing cars all over the world. There are also customers who have made positive comments about their use of this product in regular cars.
Motul has been around since 1967 – it started with a focus on motorcycle racing and quickly grew from there. The French company is now based out of Thailand and continues to make a name for itself in motorsports communities all over the world. While many people think they can get away with using regular petroleum products in their vehicles, they are usually wrong. The regular oils don’t work as well and need to be changed out more frequently.
The best part about Motul is that it’s affordable compared to other products on the market. If one wants protection against overheating and general engine issues, these oils can help. However, not all of them will work in every car because some engines run better with specific formulations for various reasons.
Motul is a fantastic product line that many customers appreciate and use regularly. While it may cost a bit more than the regular petroleum products, it works much better so owners should consider switching over from the competition if they have been using lower-end oil types up until this point in time.
What is Mobil 1? – Overview of Features
Mobil 1 is a synthetic motor oil with outstanding performance and one of the most popular choices is full synthetic Mobil 1 – Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30.
Mobil 1 is a synthetic oil designed to perform in the toughest conditions. Originally released in 1974, it continues to be one of the highest rated oils on consumer report sites and has been used by racing teams around the world. The benefits of using this type of oil include:
- Each grade is able to protect against engine wear under high heat or extended use, while also protecting against viscosity loss over time.
- The PurePlus Technology added to Mobil 1 allows for increased power and fuel efficiency when compared with traditional mineral oils.
- Mobil 1 meets ILSAC GF-4 standards from the American Petroleum Institute (API), which means that it’s safe for cars built after 2007 and can be used as a substitute for factory fill.
Mobil 1 Major Specifications
Here are some major specifications for Mobil oils:
- SAE Grades: 0W-16, 0W-20, 0W-40, 0W-50, 5W-20, 5W-30, 5W-40, 10W-30, 10W-40, 15W-40, 15W-50, 20W-50
- Labels: Mobil 1, Mobil, Mobil Super, Mobil Delvac
- Package Volume: 1 US Qts (946 ml), 5 US Qts (4.73 L)
- Meets or Exceeds OEM Requirements
- Synthetic Blend, Full Synthetic, Advanced Full Synthetic, Delvac Diesel oil, Super motor oil, Hight Mileage
✅Purchase link: Buy Mobil 1 at Amazon
Benefits of Mobil 1
Benefits of Mobil 1 include:
- Being one of the most recommended oil among car enthusiasts, praised for its high performance and outstanding equipment protection
- Having more than 80 years of experience in the world of motor oils
- Benefitting from rigorous research that leads to constant improvement
- Protecting all engines’ parts down to -100°F (-73°C) with Mobil 1 oil
- Providing faster acceleration at start up thanks to advanced synthetic basestocks. The quick cold start reduces engine wear which is crucial especially during winter months. Moreover it ensures driveability on all temperatures by maximizing lubricant viscosity at low temperature(s). This translates into safe driving even in extreme conditions.
Mobil 1 oil based motor oils are the best rated engine lubricants available on the market. They provide incredible shear stability, thermal and oxidation resistance that is unrivaled by any other major brand of automotive oil.
It is also very resistant to viscosity loss at high temperatures and shear which can cause it to become thin and not perform as designed. It does not form harmful deposits and will clean your engine and protect your engine for a longer period of time than other types of motor oil currently available on the market today. Mobil 1 has been tested in extreme environments making it suitable for over four thousand different cars, trucks , SUV’s, motorcycles, marine engines , ATV / UTV engines as well as High Performance Engines.
Mobil 1 has a huge line of oil products available.
What Customers Say About Mobil 1?
Another great thing about this product is that consumers get access to Mobil’s limited warranty which can help extend the life of your vehicle and protect it in case of a breakdown. This warranty has no mileage limits which means that you don’t have to worry about what you drive or for how long, as long as you use Mobil 1 oil in your engine then this product is there to back you up.
The primary drawback associated with this product is that consumers need to add it more frequently than Motul when compared side by side. While there may be some differences when used alone, the fact remains that when opting for both products together customers will likely need to fill their tanks more often when using Mobil 1 because it burns through so quickly when paired with Motul.