BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak Review
If you are the owner of a vehicle, then you know the importance of keeping all of its components in good condition. One such component is the power steering system. If it begins to leak fluid, it can cause big problems. In this blog post, we will be discussing BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak and whether or not it is an effective product for repairing a leaking power steering system. Stay tuned to find out!
Overview of Features
Oil leaking from a power steering system is common and can be frustrating as it leads to stains on driveways and dirty boots. A car owner with the right tools may opt to make some repairs themselves rather than wait for service at an automotive shop, but finding a viable stop leak product to correct the issue has become nearly impossible. The BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak is one such product that promises to provide quick relief and long-term fixes for those who use it after first noticing fluid on the ground.
BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak will stop a leak in your car power steering system and add life to the fluid, but it will not repair a broken pump or hose. It is safe for all o-ring materials found on most pumps and hoses today. As an added bonus, BlueDevil also has Polyether Amine (PEA) which will clean and desluge your system and not cause any foaming.
Using this product requires no special training or expertise, but understanding how it works will go a long way towards evaluating whether or not the user’s power steering problems were actually solved beyond any doubt. This review will touch on how this product works, its utility in eliminating power steering fluid leaks on various makes and models of vehicles, and some customer reviews pertaining to the product’s effectiveness.
- Prevents leaks in power steering systems, which helps save time and money on costly repairs
- Absorbs into metal surfaces, where it expands to create an insulating barrier
- Contains rust and oxidation inhibitors
- Can be used in any vehicle with a power steering system including cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, boats and even lawnmowers
How It Works
The BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak uses an external reservoir that fits seamlessly into the vehicle’s original factory part. Its design allows it to be clamped onto any standard power steering hose with no need for new fittings or rerouting lines. The product is intended to be used at point-of-use; i.e., surrounding the leaking hose with the reservoir, then keeping the car stationary until the product has taken effect – usually three minutes or so. Once this time frame passes, normal driving can resume, ensuring that fluid is no longer leaking from the power steering system.
The Power Steering Stop Leak promises to have a long-lasting effect, too, with some reviewers suggesting that relief may last up to six months or more. This long-term effectiveness is due to a chemical reaction between copper particles in the fluid and iron particles in the tank material. The product will initially neutralize the acids causing the leak while also binding any loose debris together to plug holes in hoses and other components. In doing so, it prevents wear on seals and pressure valves over time because no new leaks can form after application.
The BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak is a spray bottle for power steering fluid leaks. It has many features and benefits, as well as some negative aspects.
BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak is produced by Car Care Council, Inc., located in Addison, Illinois. According to the company’s official website, Car Care Council was established in 1962 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing consumers with high standards for service, integrity and professionalism. Among its brands, which also include Car Brite, MOOG and Perfect Circle, BlueDevil is a part of the company’s proprietary line that specializes in products for vehicle maintenance.
BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak claims to be the most powerful power steering stop leak product available on the market today. It can quickly seal engine leaks so you do not have to pay costly repairs from dealing with internal fluid leakage. The product strengthens rubber seals and prevents metal corrosion, which cause this internal leakage. This automotive stop leak also has special ingredients designed to provide long-lasting protection for all vehicles makes and models, keeping maintenance costs down.
One of the biggest pros to this product is that it fixes leaks within 24 hours. It works on all vehicles, even those with aluminum or magnesium parts, making it an effective product for any car owner. It does not wear off over time like other competitors on the market do. This stop leak also comes in a 4 ounce multi-pack so multiple cars can be fixed at once, especially if they have fluid leaks on different parts of the system such as the rack and pinion or wheel ends. The box also includes an installation guide and a reminder sticker to let you know when to reapply it.
Unfortunately, the product is pricey compared to most other brands on the market. It has a price point of over $13 which can be difficult for some customers to afford with multiple cars in their household. This stop leak also has a very overwhelming smell that many people cannot stand after just one or two uses. The instructions on the box are incredibly difficult to follow and it leaves a lot of room for error when using the product. This is not ideal for those that do not have experience with stop leaks or fluid systems in general.
Overall, this product has its pros and cons like most do, but if you can afford the price tag and are willing to work with the stop leak, it is a beneficial product for your vehicle.
✅Purchase link: Buy BlueDevil at Amazon
What Customers Say
BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak is an engine system treatment that helps to prevent the internal leakage of power steering fluid that can occur over time. It strengthens rubber seals and prevents metal corrosion, which cause this internal leakage. The automotive stop leak also has special ingredients designed to provide long-lasting protection for all vehicle makes and models, keeping maintenance costs down.
The dark cloud on the horizon may be nothing but a small drip. Or, it might portend the end of your car’s life if you don’t do something about it soon. A power steering leak happens when hoses or pumps break down and send the fluid that keeps them lubricated onto the ground instead of where they need to go. There are several reasons why you should take it seriously; for one thing, even a slight loss of PSL can make steering difficult – which is bad news for anyone who has to drive in tight spaces like garages or parking lots regularly. If no action is taken quickly enough, a minor problem with low fluid levels can lead to expensive damage as the metal parts inside rust and seize together over time.
Given the potential seriousness of a leak, it’s little wonder that people are looking for ways to fix this problem at home. Many swear by adding power steering stop leak additives like BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak. They say that these chemicals can get your fluid back into fighting shape quickly and without having to get the car towed somewhere. But what do users of this product actually think? Are they satisfied with their results or would they prefer to seek out professional help instead?
One review on Amazon says “The name of the game here is saving money.” The reviewer said he added two bottles to his damaged reservoir, drove around for an hour, and ended up with enough working pressure to drive over some large bumps in the highway without hearing any more leaks. He did say he had to add the fluid again later on, but at least his car was usable for a few extra days while he planned out what needed to be done next. Another user commented that they used this stop leak additive after their rack and pinion had started leaking. They too report that it got the job done, though they had to use it for four days straight before the leaks stopped.
According to other happy customers , BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak will work after you’ve misplaced your power steering reservoir cap or if your car has been parked for a few weeks without moving. That’s because this treatment puts microscopic particles into the system that reestablish a proper power steering fluid seal and also help your hoses and seals to swell back up again. Users say the jury is out on whether this stop leak can actually fix a more serious issue like a faulty rack and pinion; however, they agree that it’s at least worth trying if you’re facing such problems or even just worried about them.
Anyways, customer reviews of BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak show a high satisfaction rating with several labeling it as a “miracle” product.
Why You should Choose BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak?
BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak is an insulating agent that thins the hydraulic oil, which reduces internal friction and protects against wear. When used regularly, it helps prevent excessive fluid loss due to small cracks or worn seals in the system. It also helps prevent rusting in metal components of the system. BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak reduces the need for costly repairs caused by fluid leaks in power steering systems. This product can be used in any vehicle with a power steering system including cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, boats and even lawnmowers! The unique granular formula enables the product to absorb into the metal surfaces of the system, where it expands upon contact with fluid. This expansion creates an insulating barrier against metal-to-metal contact. The formula also contains rust and oxidation inhibitors to protect metal components in the system.
BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak is a revolutionary product that solves your power steering overheating problems. If you are looking for an easy solution to your overheated power steering, Blue Devil is exactly what you need. The product has been engineered to be fast acting and it starts working instantly, restoring full functionality to the affected area. By selecting this product, not only do you get a quick fix but you also get peace of mind knowing that the cause of the problem has been eliminated as well. Besides that, by using this stop leak additive, you also save yourself from expensive repairs that could cost up to hundreds or even thousands of dollars!
This stop leak additive is EPA registered which means it meets tough environmental standards set out by the EPA. In addition, it is also classified as an organically-compliant fluid which means that the product meets the ASTM D 4236 standard for use in organic production methods.
This stop leak additive is not just any regular hydraulic fluid; it is actually a premium synthetic formula specially designed to fix hydraulic leaks and restore system performance without expensive repairs or power steering replacement. It works by plugging small holes in your steering rack and lines, preventing contaminants from getting inside the lines where they can cause damage to sensitive components.
How to Use BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak
BlueDevil’s power steering stop leak is a product you can use in your vehicle when it begins to lose its ability to prevent leaks within the power-steering fluid system.
If this happens, the pump may not be able to handle high pressure from hills and curves during driving. If you notice any of these signs, it’s time for BlueDevil:
- Intermittent squealing noise while turning wheels at idle
- Decrease in fluid level
- Change in color of fluid
- Decrease in response while turning the wheel
- Steering becomes “mushy” or less responsive
- Lower engine RPM while turning on hills or curves
- Noticeable leaks on the ground
- Noticeable power steering fluid on the engine oil dipstick
Power steering systems are designed to make turning your car easier by sending fluid at high pressure through hoses and tubes. It’s a complicated set up, especially with newer cars that have multiple computers controlling everything; but the basic concept remains the same. Your power steering pump sends fluid at extremely high pressure to turn your wheels. If you’ve ever lost power steering fluid, then you know how hard it becomes to turn your wheel without it! Power steering stop leak is just what it sounds like–a temporary fix designed to help resolve minor leaks in power steering pumps or hoses until you can get them properly repaired. Here’s how to use blue devil power steering stop leak:
- Buy BlueDevil. You should be able to pick it up at any local auto parts store or at Amazon.
- Check your power steering system regularly for leaks . Sometimes, the small leaks that cause most issues won’t even drip all the time, so you might not realize something’s wrong until it’s too late. Regularly check your fluid nd your hoses to make sure they’re in good condition. If you suspect a leak, take action ASAP. Simply adding stop leak without resolving the source of the leak is only going to drain away more of your power steering fluid leaving you stranded!
- Apply Blue Devil Power Steering Stop Leak directly into your reservoir . It may be easier to place a hose from an empty container into your power steering reservoir and slowly pour the Blue Devil in. You can also remove your reservoir cap, but slowly poor the stop leak directly into it instead of trying to insert a hose through the little opening.
- Go for a drive. Your power steering fluid is under high pressure; so if there’s any Blue Devil left inside after you’ve put it in, that high pressure is going to push it all out again. That means you’ve got to give the product time to do its work before you check on it otherwise, you’re just draining away what little product you have left. Don’t worry about driving too long though even if there are no leaks, Blue Devil can still help keep them from showing up (or re-showing) in the future.
- Check your system again for leaks. Once you’ve driven enough miles to use up all of the product, check your reservoir. If you see any Blue Devil remaining, then there’s a leak somewhere and it needs to be fixed (or you can just add more Blue Devil if you want to keep using it). If there’s no sign of the stop leak, then your system is probably in good shape.
- Keep checking your reservoir regularly for leaks . Even with Blue Devil helping to seal up any minor leaks in your power steering system, they might re-happen. Adding stop leak periodically can help keep them from becoming a big problem again though.
- Add more once you run out . Simply repeat steps 3 through 5 above check for leaks after adding more Blue Devil. Just make sure that when you check for leaks, you actually drive enough afterward so that the product has time to work! That means if you add the stop leak at night, you’re going to want to take a long drive the next day.
- Replace your power steering fluid when necessary . If you add tons of stop leak without ever changing your system’s power steering fluid, it’s probably going to become diluted and ineffective after a while so keep an eye on your reservoir. When it gets low, you know it’s time to have your fluid replaced.
The BlueDevil Power Steering Stop Leak does not need to be used frequently; the recommended use is every 3-4 months for normal stops leak, and monthly for severe stops leak.
Do NOT use it more than twice in a row without letting the system drain itself into an open container (such as an oil pan). If you don’t allow enough time to let the air escape, your pump could become over pressurized and fail! Also do NOT attempt using this product if you cannot support removing some fluid from the system (if you are on a hill or somewhere you can not pick up any of what leaks out). This warning seems simple but is very important. When the sealant is trying to work it increases the pressure inside the system, without allowing it to escape you could cause damage.
Please refer to your vehicle service manual for more information on how to check power steering fluid level.
Keep your system in top shape. If you’re interested in keeping your car running smoothly for as long as possible, then check out some of our other articles.